OPSC VAS Recruitment Notification 2017 Apply Online for 364 OPSC Veterinary Assistant Surgeon Posts at www.opsconline.gov.in:
Odisha PSC VAS Recruitment 2017 Notification is released for Veterinary Assistant Surgeon Posts. Odisha Public Service Commission declared 364 vacancies of VAS Class II (Group B) in Odisha Veterinary Service. Candidates who have obtained Bachelor’s Degree in Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, are eligible to apply online for OPSC VAS Recruitment 2017.
OPSC Veterinary Assistant Surgeon Recruitment 2017
- 1 OPSC Veterinary Assistant Surgeon Recruitment 2017
- 2 OPSC VAS Recruitment 2017 Details
- 3 Category wise Vacancy Details for Veterinary Assistant Surgeon Class II
- 4 How to Apply Online for OPSC VAS Recruitment 2017
- 5 Steps to Follow after OPSC VAS Online Application Submission:
- 6 Important Dates for OPSC VAS Recruitment 2017:
Candidates are advised to refer all eligibility criteria carefully before filling up VAS Application Form. Odisha PSC invites Online Application for OPSC Veterinary Assistant Surgeon Recruitment 2017 from 20th October 2017 to 20th November 2017. Interested candidates have to apply online via official web portal at www.opsconline.gov.in within given time limit.
After Online Submission, candidates are required to send their Application Form printout to Odisha PSC by Registered Post or Speed Post on or before 30th November 2017. Odisha Public Service Commission will NOT consider any Application Form submitted online after 20th November 2017 and hard copy of Application received after 30th November 2017.
OPSC VAS Recruitment 2017 Details
|Name of Authority||Odisha Public Service Commission,
Government of Odisha
|Name of Recruitment||OPSC VAS Recruitment 2017|
|Name of Post||Veterinary Assistant Surgeon|
|Number of Posts||364 Posts|
|Job Category||Government Job|
|Job Location||Anywhere in Odisha State|
|Job Class and Group||Class II (Group B)|
|Name of Service||Odisha Veterinary Service|
|Department to Work||Fisheries & Animal Resources Development Department|
|Mode of Application||Online Mode Only|
|Online Application Portal||www.opsconline.gov.in|
|Last Date to Apply Online||20th November 2017|
|Last Date for Application Form Submission||30th November 2017|
Category wise Vacancy Details for Veterinary Assistant Surgeon Class II
Veterinary Assistant Surgeon Class II (Group B)
|Category Name||Number of Posts|
|Unreserved Category||226 posts (75 women)|
|SC Category||54 posts (18 women)|
|ST Category||84 posts (28 women)|
|TOTAL VACANCIES||364 posts (121 women)|
Out of 364 posts of VAS, 33% posts are Reserved for Women Candidates. For Reservation Details of Physically Handicapped, Sports Persons and Ex-Servicemen, kindly refer Official Notification.
As on 1st January 2017, Age of Candidate must be at least 21 Years and Not More than 32 Years.
Relaxation in Upper Age Limit will be provided to Reserved Categories Candidates of Odisha State as per Government Rules.
Educational Qualification for OPSC VAS Recruitment 2017:
Candidate must have passed Bachelor’s Degree in Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science or equivalent qualification from a recognized university.
In addition, candidate must have registered himself/herself under Odisha Veterinary Practitioners Act, 1970.
Other Eligibility Criteria:
- Candidate must be Citizen of India.
- Candidate must be able to read, write and speak Odia language fluently.
- Candidate must have passed at least one exam in Odia language equivalent to that of Middle English School Standard conducted by Board of Secondary Education, Odisha.
For more eligibility details, kindly refer Official Notification.
Application Fee & Exam Fee:
Candidates need to pay Application /Exam Fee as under_
- SC, ST and Tribal Categories: NIL
- All Other Categories/Candidates: Rs.300/-
Application/Exam Fee should be paid by Challan at any branch of State Bank of India (SBI).
Once the Fee is paid, it cannot be refunded under any circumstances.
Candidates will be selected on the basis of their performance in following tests_
- Written Exam
- Viva Voce Test
- Document Verification
After appointment as Veterinary Assistant Surgeon, candidate will be paid Salary under Pre Revised Pay Scale as follows_
From Rs.9300/- to Rs.34800/- with Grade Pay of Rs.4600/- per month with usual Dearness (DA) and other Allowances as may be sanctioned by Government of Odisha time to time.
How to Apply Online for OPSC VAS Recruitment 2017
- Log on to official website at www.opsc.gov.in.
- Find and Select Notification tab to go to relevant webpage.
- Navigate to Advertisement for Recruitment to the posts of Veterinary Assistant Surgeons [Advertisement No. 8 of 2017-18].
- Click on the link to download Official Notification as PDF file.
- Read whole notification carefully and get back to homepage.
- Select Apply Online tab or visit @www.opsconline.gov.in.
- Click on New Registration and register yourself with basic information.
- Fill up Online Application Form with necessary personal and educational details.
- Upload your recent passport size Photo, Signature and Certificates as asked.
- Submit your Application Form online on completion.
- Save your Application Registration Number for future reference.
- Take printout of your Application Form for record and further use.
- Print Challan and pay the Exam Fee by Cash at SBI Bank.
Steps to Follow after OPSC VAS Online Application Submission:
After Online Submission of Application, you need to follow the steps given below_
- Attach required Documents Copies with hard copy of Application Form.
- Put your Application Form, Enclosures and Fee Challan Copy into an Envelope.
- Superscribe the Envelope as “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF VETERINARY ASSISTANT SURGEON”.
- Send the Envelope by Registered Post or Speed Post to OPSC Address mentioned below_
Odisha Public Service Commission,
19, Dr. P. K. Parija Road,
Cuttack – 753 001.
Important Dates for OPSC VAS Recruitment 2017:
|Date of Issue of Notification||10th October 2017|
|Starting Date of Online Application||20th October 2017|
|Closing Date of Online Application||20th November 2017|
|Last Date for Receipt/Submission of Application Form||30th November 2017|
|Last Date to Pay Application/Exam Fee at SBI Bank||23rd November 2017|
|Date of Written Exam (Expected)||December 2017 or January 2018|